Professional Learning Communities
Big 3 Ideas:
- Focus on Learning - PLC’s Focus on Learning rather than Teaching
- Collaboration - Teachers, administrators, parents and students work together to seek out best practices, test them in the classroom, continuously improve processes and focus on results.
- Focus on Results - We hold each other accountable for results
- What we do makes a difference - We can make our schools more effective
- Improving our knowledge is the key to improving our schools
- Significant school improvement will impact teaching and learning
4 Critical Questions to Guide PLC’s:
Question 1- What knowledge and skills do we expect all students to learn?
Question 2- How will we know that students have learned it?
Question 3- How will we intervene when students do not learn?
- Differentiated instruction, lab class, after school programs, school day intervention programs, Pyramid of Interventions, RTI
Question 4. How will we extend or enrich students that are above level?
- Differentiated instruction and extension activities, enrichment opportunities