May - Board Brief
Chair Becky Kindle called the regular meeting of the MCSD Board of Directors to order on Monday, May 9, 2016, at Riverside Jr/Sr High School in Boardman, OR.
MCEA – None; OSEA – Katie Goad
The consent agenda was approved with the removal of Policy IL which was tabled for further review.
- Approved minutes of the regular meeting of April 11, 2016;
- Approved Financial Report, Enrollment Report, Employment Action including rehiring of classified/confidential, extra-duty coaching and extra-duty non-coaching staffs;
- 1st Reading of Rescinded, New or Revised Policies: EFA, GBEC, KGB;
- Adoption of Rescinded, New or Revised Policies: GCDA/GDDA;
- Adoption of New, Revised or Rescinded AR’s: None;
- Revised Budget Calendar
- 2016/17 Substitute Teacher Pay - $197.38 per day
- Mid-Columbia Bus Transportation Services Agreement
- ODE Nutrition Services Review
- School Security Forum – Stuart Roberts, Pendleton Police Chief has scheduled a School Security Forum for August 4th in Pendleton with districts in our area invited to attend. The purpose is to create a security plan, using the I Love U Guys as the basis, that is similar in all schools in the region. Mr. Dirksen will be attending and would like 1 to 2 board members to attend as well.
- ODE Nutrition Services – Mr. Dirksen congratulated Autumn Morgan, Kim Carlson, Deb Campbell, Rita Britt, Misty Bellamy, Shannon Severns, Nancy Rodriguez and Kim Putman for an outstanding job related to the recent audit. The district received a positive review from ODE for following federal and state guidelines.
- Mid-Columbia Bus – The district extended the Transportation Services Agreement with Midco for 4 years. The renewal comes with a commitment from Midco to provide some new busses. The district has contracted with Midco for over 10 years.
- Budget Committee Meeting – Mr. Dirksen reminded the board of the upcoming budget meeting.
- Teacher Appreciation Week – Teacher Appreciation Week was last week. Mr. Dirksen expressed his appreciation to our teachers for all they do.
- Crystal Apple Awards – The Crystal Apple Awards banquet will be May 17th in Pendleton. Award winners from Morrow County are: Pat King, Teacher at RJSHS; Brenda Kittelson, Teacher at ACH; Jody Marston, Department Secretary at RJSHS; and Barbara Phillips, Head Secretary at IES.
- OSBA Summer Board Conference – The OSBA Summer Board Conference will be held in Bend July 15-17, 2016.
- Oregon Rising – OSBA, COSA and OEA are working together and have created the Oregon Rising survey. The purpose of the survey is to find out what Oregonians want Oregon schools to look like. A link to the survey can be found on the district and all school websites. All stakeholders are encouraged to take the survey. The survey is open until the middle of June.
- Board Meeting Calendar 2016/17 – The board approved the 2016/17 calendar.
- Resolution #2015-16-09 – PACE Form of Joinder to Trust Agreement – The board approved the resolution.
- OSBA Summer Board Conference – Board members are encouraged to attend the summer conference.
- Budget Committee Meeting – HES May 10, 2016
- Crystal Apple Awards – Pendleton Red Lion May 17, 2016
- Seniors Last Day May 26, 2016
- Memorial Day Holiday May, 30, 2016
- Graduations June 4, 2016 – Riverside 10:00am, Irrigon 12:00pm, Heppner 2:00pm
- Students Last Day June 9, 2016
- OSBA Summer Board Conference (Bend) July 15-17, 2016
- Next Board Meeting – Heppner Elementary School June 13, 2016
Board representatives at graduation: Riverside – Mary Killion, Irrigon – Thad Killingbeck, Heppner – Brian Kollman