March - Board Brief
Chair Becky Kindle called the regular meeting of the MCSD Board of Directors to order on Monday, March 13, 2017, at Irrigon Elementary School in Irrigon, OR.
MCEA – Kaira Rysdam; OSEA – None
Addie Cole, IES Robotics – Addie presented a power point and students demonstrated a robotics mission to update the Board on the activities of the IES Robotics teams.
IKF-AR was removed from the Consent Agenda for further discussion. The Consent agenda was approved.
- Approved minutes of the regular meeting of February 13, 2017;
- Approved Financial Report, Enrollment Report, Employment Action;
- 1st Reading of Rescinded, New or Revised Policies: JHCCF, JOC;
- Adoption of Rescinded, New or Revised Policies: EFFA, GCL/GDL, IGACA, IKFA, ING, JECBD, KGB;
- Adoption of New, Revised or Rescinded AR’s: EFAA-AR, IGAC-AR, IGACA-AR, ING-AR, JECBD-AR;
- Renewal of Graduation Alliance Program for 2017/18
- SafeOregon – Mr. Dirksen reported on his visit to RJSHS where he visited the Exploration of Law Enforcement class. Travis Hampton, OSP Superintendent visited the class and thanked them for their participation in the development of the new statewide safety tip line for all schools.
- Classified Employee Appreciation Week – Classified Employee Week was recently celebrated in buildings across the district. Mr. Dirksen thanked classified staff for all they do to support the students and staff of MCSD.
- Winter Sports – Mr. Dirksen congratulated winter athletes for their various accomplishments and awards for the season.
- Online Learning Program – The district is implementing an Online Learning Program set to begin with the 2017/18 school year.
- State School Funds – Final funding numbers are not in. Good news is that we are up 100 students from this time last year.
- Spring Break – Spring break is the last week of March.
- 2017/18 Calendar Options – Based on Survey Monkey results (Option #1 – 66.67% and Option #2 – 33.33%), the Board adopted Option #1 (Pre-Labor Day Start) for the 2017/18 District Calendar. The district will build in make-up snow days in first and second semesters.
- Evaluation of the Superintendent – Board Chair, Becky Kindle provided the final evaluation of Superintendent Dirksen noting Mr. Dirksen scored on every standard on average between Excellent and Outstanding with an average score of 3.4 out of 4.
- IKF-AR Graduation Requirements – The Board discussed graduation requirements and agreed to a Basic Diploma (24 Credits) beginning with the Class of 2017. There will be further discussion regarding raising the Standard Diploma requirements.
- 2017/18 Budget Calendar – The 2017/18 Budget Calendar was approved.
- Resolution #2016-17-11 – 2016/17 Supplemental Budget was approved as presented.
- Oster Professional Group – Oster Professional Group was approved as District Auditors for fiscal year ending June 30, 2017.
- Oster Professional Group Contract – The Oster Professional Group Contract for fiscal year 2016/17 was approved.
- IMESD Budget Committee – Barney Lindsey will serve on the IMESD Budget Committee.
- Resolution #2016-17-10 – Unanticipated Revenue Fund 212 was approved as presented.
- End of 3rd Quarter – March 16, 2017
- Spring Break – March 27-31, 2017
- Make-up Snow Day – Friday, April 7, 2017
- Next Board Meeting – April 10, 2017 – Morrow Education Center